Here’s my most recent interview, with Henry from Techlore:
What People Are Saying
- Threat Technology: 20 Best Computer Security Podcasts of 2021
- The Privacy Issue: “10 Essential Privacy Podcasts” list. Firewalls Don’t Stop Dragons will leave you entertained and educated, pondering your place in the digital landscape and coming back each week for more.
- Defending Digital. This book jumped straight to the top of my list! It expertly addresses a range of security and privacy topics related to computers, phones, networks, Internet usage, communication, and parental controls.
- Digital Citizen review: 5 out of 5. “Firewalls Don’t Stop Dragons is one of the few practical, everyday, to-the-point guides to online security that I’ve read in years. There’s no fluff and filler, just real-world advice. The writing is easygoing and readable and the author makes even complex subjects easy to understand.”
- TipTopSecurity. “Parker does an awesome job of bringing computer safety to average users and making it relevant. He’s able to make advanced security concepts fun and interesting while not compromising on knowledge.”
- “I think he’s done a great job.” – Leo LaPorte (Security Now)
- “This is a great book for anyone with a computer. Carey is a real expert on the subject and writes in a fun style that makes the topic approachable and most importantly–ACTIONABLE. I recommend this book for all.” – Alan Forbes, The Joy of PHP.
Interviews & Quotes
- Watchman Privacy interview. Great general discussion on privacy and security, including IPv6, aliasing, medical privacy, and more.
- Techlore interview. We talked about security, privacy, and my personal journey. (I also interviewed Henry on my podcast.)
- Startpage interview. They asked me about how I got into all of this, what I tell people new to privacy and security, and get my opinions on the future.
- Malwarebytes Lock & Code podcast (June 7, 2021): Shining a light on dark patterns with Carey Parker
- VPN Reports (): Interview with Carey Parker, Cybersecurity and Privacy Advocate
- Newtech Recycling (Dec 17, 2020): How to Prepare a Computer for Disposal (quoted)
- Purdue Alumnus Magazine (June 2020): Cybersecurity advocate on a mission to educate others
- The Measure of Everyday Life (Mar 8, 2020): Public Understanding of Computer Security
- George Orwell 2084 w/ David Boron (Jan 12, 2017): The Internet of Things is The Next Big Security Nightmare (episode no longer available online)
- George Orwell 2084 w/ David Boron (Dec 14, 2016): Own an Android? Chances Are You’ve Been Hacked! (episode no longer available online)
- Influencers Radio w/ Jack Mize: Computer Security & Online Privacy for Non-Techies
- Defending Digital w/ Chad Warner: Firewalls Don’t Stop Dragons
- Authority Presswire (May 2016)
- PR Log (Apr 2015)